Art in the Hood is an oOh! community art project involving 21 schools across New Zealand. Children around the country have been creating art that celebrates their neighbourhood and what makes it so special. Below you can see the schools that are taking part, the bus shelters that the artwork will be displayed on and the children’s amazing artistic creations!
The Urban Art Foundation, professional artists Karl Maughan, Heather Straka, Liam Barr, John Walsh and Sara Hughes alongside members of the oOh! leadership team and Auckland Transport will make up the judging panel. Together they will select the pieces of art from each school that best represent and celebrate their neighbourhood to be displayed on the bus shelter right outside of their school for the whole community to enjoy.
The artworks will be displayed in communities across the country in the coming weeks. Watch this space!
• Bayfield School, Westmere, Auckland
• Dominion Road School, Mt Roskill, Auckland
• Ficino School, Mt Eden, Auckland
• Freemans Bay School, Freemans Bay, Auckland
• Gladstone School, Mt Albert, Auckland
• Glenavon School, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland
• Glendowie Primary School, Glendowie, Auckland
• Grey Lynn School, Grey Lynn, Auckland
• Kadimah School, CBD, Auckland
• Karori Normal School
• Kelburn Normal School
• Kohia Terrace School, Epsom, Auckland
• Medbury Preparatory School, Fendalton, Christchurch
• Panmure School, Panmure, Auckland
• Rosebank School, Rosebank, Auckland
• Southwell School, Claudelands, Hamilton
• St Anne’s School, Woolston, Christchurch
• St Joseph’s School, Grey Lynn, Auckland
• St Mary’s School, Avondale, Auckland
• St Teresa’s School, Riccarton, Christchurch
• Westminster Christian School