Art in the Hood is an oOh! community art project involving 21 schools across New Zealand. Children around the country have created art that celebrates their neighbourhoods, with selected artwork displayed on the bus shelter nearest to their school.
The Urban Art Foundation, professional artists Karl Maughan, Heather Straka, Liam Barr, John Walsh and Sara Hughes alongside members of the oOh! leadership team and Auckland Transport made up the judging panel. Together they selected the pieces of art from each school that best represented and celebrated their neighbourhoods to be displayed for the whole community to enjoy.
Below you can see the schools that are taking part and the children’s amazing artistic creations. Make sure to check out these artworks displayed in communities across the country!
• Bayfield School, Westmere, Auckland
• Dominion Road School, Mt Roskill, Auckland
• Ficino School, Mt Eden, Auckland
• Freemans Bay School, Freemans Bay, Auckland
• Gladstone School, Mt Albert, Auckland
• Glenavon School, Blockhouse Bay, Auckland
• Glendowie Primary School, Glendowie, Auckland
• Grey Lynn School, Grey Lynn, Auckland
• Kadimah School, CBD, Auckland
• Karori Normal School
• Kelburn Normal School
• Kohia Terrace School, Epsom, Auckland
• Medbury Preparatory School, Fendalton, Christchurch
• Panmure School, Panmure, Auckland
• Rosebank School, Rosebank, Auckland
• Southwell School, Claudelands, Hamilton
• St Anne’s School, Woolston, Christchurch
• St Joseph’s School, Grey Lynn, Auckland
• St Mary’s School, Avondale, Auckland
• St Teresa’s School, Riccarton, Christchurch
• Westminster Christian School